TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TRANSLATION AND
CORRECTION JOBS BY BBP BUSINESS/PARTNER
1. "Customer" is understood to mean the person who or the company which issues the order to produce a translation. "Vendor" is understood to mean BBP Business/Partner.
2. The Customer is obliged - immediately after delivery - to examine whether the Vendor has fulfilled the agreement properly. Should the Customer consider the translation to be unacceptable due to faults in the form or in the text, the Customer shall notify the Vendor thereof by registered post at the latest within 7 days from delivery and shall give the Vendor the opportunity to make the necessary improvements within a reasonable period.
3. If the Customer decides to alter the original text whilst the translation work is in progress, it shall be considered as a new order and the delivery time shall, unless otherwise agreed, be adjusted accordingly.
4. The Customer is entitled to cancel an order given to the Vendor, but in such cases the Customer is obliged to compensate the Vendor for any costs already incurred by the Vendor, such in the broadest sense.
5. Ownership and copyright of the translation shall be transferred to the Customer only after full payment of the bill has been made to the Vendor.
6. The Vendor is not responsible for any consequential damage - including loss of profits and delay damage - suffered by the Customer as a result of late delivery or any fault of the translation, whatever the cause may be and by whoever it may have been suffered, unless standards of reason and fairness dictate that under the given circumstances the Vendor should be responsible anyhow. In such a case the Vendor's responsibility is limited to the amount billed to the Customer for the order by the Vendor.